The Women’s Business Network (WBN) is a part of the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce designed to empower professional women by promoting business connections, encouraging diverse personal and professional networks, and providing development opportunities.
As part of our commitment to this mission, the WBN funds a Scholarship Program open to women currently enrolled in an undergraduate business-related degree program at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university. For 2013-2014, two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. The recipients will be selected based on their successful completion of the application package and their demonstration of professionalism, educational achievements, and career goals.
Eligibility Requirements and Benefits
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Applicants must be women who are currently enrolled in a declared undergraduate business-related degree program at a regionally accredited Utah County college or university.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Scholarship Program Requirements
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in school throughout the academic year of the scholarship award.
- Scholarship recipients will be expected to meet monthly with the Scholarship Program Coordinator and will participate in monthly WBN luncheons, generally held on the third Thursday of each month from 11:30AM to 1PM, and other WBN events (e.g., Utah Valley Women’s Business Conference).
- Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in service projects and business related learning opportunities throughout the school year.
Scholarship Program Benefits
- Association and mentoring with women business leaders in the community.
- Leadership and business experience.
- Resume building and professional interviewing assistance.
- $1,500 scholarship (Half to be received fall semester, the other half spring semester).