Through the support of Utah Valley community members and businesses, the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce Women’s Business Network (WBN) is proud to announce the new WBN Small Business Development Grant Program. The Program is designed to facilitate the growth of small, female-owned or -employed businesses in Utah Valley through the WBN’s three-fold mission:
The WBN mission is to empower professional women by promoting business connections, encouraging diverse personal and professional networks, and providing development opportunities.
Towards fulfillment of this mission, two grant recipients will receive the following benefits:
- $1000 Small Business Development Grant
- Free Registration for Two at the 2011 WBN Holiday Luncheon and Silent Auction Scholarship Fundraiser (11:30AM on December 8 at Thanksgiving Point; $50 Value)
- One Year Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce Membership (Valued at approximately $400)
Application guidelines for the 2011 Small Business Development Grant Program are as follows:
- All applicants must be female and be employed within or the owner of an organization in Utah Valley with five or fewer employees. Applicants do not need to be current members of the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- All applicants must successfully demonstrate organizational mission and vision, viable products or services, and adequacy of business planning.
- Grant funds are reimbursement-based and purchase receipts must be submitted to the WBN for reimbursement within six months from the date of grant award. Electronic receipts, including scanned copies of original receipts, must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief narrative explanation of the expense.
- Grant funds are approved for new development expenses, such as marketing, website development, graphic design, attorney or accounting fees, equipment, et cetera.
- Purchases made prior to grant award will not be considered for reimbursement.
- The application deadline is November 12, 2011. Grant applications must be submitted electronically to the WBN at email@example.com.
The WBN Board will review applications at its November Board meeting. Grant recipients will be notified in writing.
To apply for the Program, download and complete the 2011 WBN Small Business Development Grant Application. All applications must be received by November 12, 2011. Late applications will not be considered.